Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Day #3: Wild Eyes-W.L.J.

Day #3: Wild Eyes


Hi, it’s Pisi and today I am going to be blogging about an animal. On the Site, it said that we had to go to this page and choose a bird and do some research about it.

Image Attribution: By KeresH (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons

Name: Tuatara.
Type of animal: Reptile.
Weight:0.5- 1 kg.
Length: Adults are 50 cm (20 inches) long.
Skin Colour: Greenish brown so they can camouflage in the wild.

Day #3: Wild Eyes

Hi, it’s Pisi and today I am going to be blogging about if we should let predators be free or if we should trap them up and kill them. Here is m my opinions. I think that we should trap them up and kill them because…….
Activity 2

  1. People used to think that Possums only ate plants but there is research that Possums can eat eggs and chicks and I don’t want little baby chicks getting harmed.
  2. Possums also eat nectar and berries and that is what the native birds eat . So there are fewer berries for the Native Birds.
  3. If we kill the possums we can take their fur and make some clothing.




3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Pisirina,

    I actually had the chance to see a tuatara once in the wild and it was pretty amazing looking. I have to admit that I jumped (in fear) when I first saw it as I had no idea what it was! I was born and raised in Canada, where we don't have many lizards, so I wasn't used to seeing reptiles like this one 'in person.' Have you ever seen a tuatara or other lizard-like reptile in the wild? If so, what did you see? Were you scared?

    I hope that we are able to preserve all of our native animals - birds, insect, reptiles, etc. for many years to come. It's quite worrisome to me that the number of some of our native animals (eg. kiwi birds) are decreasing so rapidly. What do you think that we could do to better project native birds like the kiwi bird or reptiles like the tuatara? Hopefully we can come up with a good idea soon or else they face extinction and will disappear forever. That is a sad thought, isn't it?

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, I have never seen a Tuatara or any type of reptile in my life but if I had the chance I would definitely be scared.

      Delete
    2. Hi Pisirina,

      I would be scared as well!

      Cheers,
      Rachel

      Delete