Pages

Monday 17 July 2017

Day #2: New Zealand by Land and Sea-WLJ

Day #2: New Zealand by Land and Sea
Hi, it’s Pisi and today I am going to be showing you guys my favorite place I’ve been to so far.

Activity 1:
Rangitoto Island was wonderful. It was an amazing place to go but it was a long walk up the Island. When I was hiking, I couldn’t see a thing except for trees. When I was on top of the Island I saw a Majestic View and I even saw the Sky Tower.

For this Activity, I had to ask questions to this German Sailor named Laura Dekker. Here are my 5 questions for her.
Activity 2:
  1. At my school we were learning about Sailing, What did do you use to find your destination such as a compass, sun, stars and ocean swells?

  1. What types of food do you eat while you are Sailing?

  1. How do you feel about that 800 Million Tonnes of rubbish go into the ocean?

  1. How many countries or continents have you visited?

  1. How long did it take to travel around the whole world?



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Pisirina,

    Rangitoto really is a very cool place to go walking. I had the chance to ferry over to Rangitoto a few years ago to run a half-marathon with my friend Carolyn. Together we ran 21 km across (and up) Rangitoto and its neighbouring island, Motutapu. It was a really tough race but we both finished it and were really happy when we did!

    The view from the top of Rangitoto is truly spectacular. You can see most of Auckland city!

    I hope that you get the chance to go hiking on Rangitoto one day. I think that you'd love it! When you go walking on Rangitoto you might also have the chance to watch boats sailing in the harbour. A number of locals take their boats out and sail them in the water between Auckland city and Rangitoto. On a windy day, the entire bay is full of sails. Did you know that the nickname for Auckland is actually 'City of Sails' because of all of the sailboats that we have in the city?

    I hope that you'll continue to blog with us and learn new things about Auckland and about New Zealand. We'll look forward to reading your next posts!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,Thanks for commenting on my blog. That is really cool that you did a marathon,I wouldn't be able to run 21 Km!

      I hope that you have a lovely and safe week.

      Delete
    2. Hi Pisirina,

      To be honest, I am pretty amazed that I managed to do the half-marathon as well. I am definitely not a runner but it was fun to set a goal and work to achieve it :)

      Wishing you a great week as well!!

      Cheers,
      Rachel

      Delete