Pages

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Pisirina Recount Writing: Stardome Trip

While sorting out groups, I was scared if I was with my friends or not. Mrs Buchanan called out my name and said “ Pisirina, Roshaan, Jedida, Marika,AJF, Jacob, Varnce and AJT are in Mr Eze’s group.

When we got there, I was so excited because it looked so fascinating inside. We marched politely inside the Stardome classroom. We met our instructor, his name is John. He talked with us about all of the facts of the planets in the solar system. A few facts I learnt in the room is that some nicknames for the planets are Rocky midgets(Earth, Mars, Mercury and Venus), Gas Giants (Saturn,Jupiter,Uranus and Neptune). Another thing I also learnt is  Venus is hotter than Mercury and Mercury is the second closest to the Sun.

After that we had a scavenger hunt about space. We had to look for answers around the Gallery area. There were three groups who came 1st equal. Mr Eze had two groups for the scavenger hunt and they both came 1st! The names of the two groups are The Galaxy / Mr Eze’s boys and The Stars A.K.A. me and the other girls.

Now we went over to the Planetarium and this is where all the magic begins. We looked up into this dome and watched this cool movie. We saw some zodiac signs and other things in the milky way.
The worst thing about the trip was going in the same bus which had no windows and the Air conditioner didn’t work! I literally thought that I was going to be a baked potato.  Another problem was I was all by myself because I had none of my besties with me and so I kept on singing Lonely to myself but it still didn’t change a single thing.

In the end of the day I really enjoyed what had just happened last Thursday and I was really excited to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment