Pages

Saturday 13 May 2017

Immersion Assembly

Wow! My ears are sore from all of the movies. Oh Hi there we just came back from Immersion assembly. I know what you may be thinking,( What in the world is Immersion assembly?)
Well instead of answering your question, I will tell you what happened at my Immersion assembly.

It started off by Mr Burt saying “ Kia ora Tamariki Ma, It is Term 2. As you can already see up here our topic for this Term is Now that’s thinking”! “Kia ora Mr Burt “replied the entire school tiredly.We did our karakia and the prefect did their Mihi but we didn’t sing the national anthem. When Mr Burt told us to sit down (before singing the national anthem ) and moved on to the next thing, I was like“ is this even a assembly”?.

Finally my favourite part about Immersion assembly, knowing what the focus on the term is for our teams. As usual Team 1 is always first, what they are doing are making kites to celebrate Matariki.Fun fact about Matariki, they don’t show up at night, they only show up at 3 or 4 in the morning so you have to sleep early like at 6 or 7.
Team 2! What are they going to be learning about? Well I will tell you right now. They are going to be doing the same thing as Team 1. Yep they're going to make kites. They are going to make it out sticks, types of fabric and strong string. Next up is Team 3.

Team 3 is learning about Tamarereti to celebrate Matariki. Matariki is so big that nearly every team is celebrating Matariki. The second to last thing is my team (Team 4).

My team is going to see how technology has changed over time from the past to the future and what kinds of technology Maori used before Pakeha and Europeans came to aotearoa. The last and all Team 5 ( the year 7 & 8 seniors).

Team 5 is doing something which associates to Now that's thinking a lot. They are going to learn how can we design, build, create and change to improve life at Pt England ? “ Yeah how can we make Pt england a better place”?


This term I am so excited to see what happens. I am also excited to play sports this season in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment