Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Yr 8 Camp! - 2020

On the 5th of August, the Year 8’s had the opportunity to leave school and go to a Christian Camp in
Coromandel Thames. I was in a group called Kauri - Arthur & Zamera were my leaders.
The camp we went to was meant to support each one of us and show our true leadership skills. The camp showed

everyone's true colours and taught us how to be a better leader and a better follower. 


My favourite activity was Go-karting. Along with my teammates I was very nervous. This was our first

time driving a go kart. I learnt how to control a car and support one another by cheering them on and

bringing them up with compliments, My record time was 48 seconds, try to beat that!


My favourite highlight was waking up at 2 a.m.  All the girls cabins woke up at 2, thinking that it was

time to get ready for breakfast. Ms Tapuke had to tell all the girls that we still had 5 hours of sleep. It
was a crazy night! 


I would like to say thank you to the staff members of valley Christian Camp. another big thanks to the

teachers and parents who came along with the students to the fun camp.  I am also grateful for all of

the leaders who showed how to be a great leader, you did a great job everyone! Can't wait to see

everyone using their leadership skills that they learnt at camp during school!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rina :)

    I agree, camp was very fun!
    It was really nice to see that you were able to try something you've never done before, thats some real confidence you got there ;)
    Oh man, I remember us getting up at 2am ahaha!
    That was a pretty crazy morning :')
    Would you ever camp again with us year 8's?
    Awesome blog post!

    ~ Chance <3

    ReplyDelete