Pages

Monday 17 August 2020

Te Ika A Maui - Reading 2020

 
Task Description

Our task was about the Legend/Myth about Maui and how NZ came to be. I already knew this story but I learnt some new facts about Maui and the country - New Zealand. My task was to break an extract of the text into word groups. Next, I had to highlight the "worthy" word and underline its word group. I also made a recording of me reading the text with expression. Create task was making a review on a particular video and why you should watfch it. I think a did a good job on this but I am still probably gonna edit this later with my teacher! 


1 comment:

  1. Kia orana Pisirina!

    I really enjoyed listening to your recording of the short excerpt from The Great Fish of Maui - you were reading fluently and with lots of expression, especially when you are talking as Maui announcing to his brothers that he is on board their waka.

    Your review neatly sums up the key points of the story in the video but also encourages a reader to watch the film for themselves. I agree the narrator's voice is passionate and keeps us as listener's engaged (just as you did) in retelling this awesome tale!

    ReplyDelete