Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

Bar Graphs - 2020


Task Description
This was yesterdays work but I didn't have time to post it then but now I do and this is my presentation for the work. Focussing on reading graphs, yesterday we were mainly going over the basics of a bar graph and how to read it. I learnt how to make precise and deep conclusions from yesterday and todays maths work. I am looking forward to what other graphs we will look at, hopefully line graphs as they are challenging and something I need to get stronger at understanding. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pisirina,

    I'm so glad you thought of line graphs - I think they would be great to cover next as well! You are really getting the hang of reading the graphs and asking questions about them. I like how you used the phrase "i wonder". In statistics we usually can't be certain when making conclusions unless they are purely based on the graph - e.g. I can say for definite that 17 students said they walked to school that day. I can't say for definite that the number would change if it rained, but I can say 'I wonder how much this number would change on a rainy day'. Similarly I can say 'it is very likely that the walkers live within 6km of the school, as they would be walking for well over an hour if they lived any further ' - not definite, but likely.

    I hope this helps as I know you already have a strong knowledge of statistics so a lot of this won't be too challenging for you!

    ReplyDelete