Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Blindfolded for the morning?!?

Walt: write a proper recount
Have you ever thought about what it would be like if you were blind? Well, room seven did something similar to that. I should probably stop writing now just in case I leak some juicy information, but if you want to find out just keep reading to find out what happened.

It was writing time that means it was time for a walk to the field and a fun experience coming towards us. First we had to get ready to do our mystery experience. We took a few minutes because Chance was taking forever to put her shoes on. Room seven finally arrived at the playground in the school and sat down, we were eager to find out what we were going to do. After hearing the instructions we got into buddies for the task. I was so glad that my buddy was Chance and that we were going to be blindfolded around the place.

Now it was time for me to lead the blindfolded Chance around the playground. Before doing anything else I had to check if she could see anything. After making sure she couldn’t see anything, I lead her towards somewhere she could climb up. I was so scared because she is my friend and I didn’t want anything bad to happen to her. She was alright so I was relieved when she didn’t hurt herself. Most of the time I was laughing at her making a fool of herself, you should’ve seen her trying to do the monkey bars! Looking back, I should’ve asked Mr Goodwin or one of the teachers to take a video of her.

After all the laughter, it was finally my turn. Chance put the dark blindfold over my eyes and tightened it in a knot. The only thing I could see was moving patterns even though my eyes were blinded by fabric. The first place Chance took me was the monkey bars, I recognized it straight away since I was familiar with the place. Once, Chance and I reenacted a scene from Titanic (The one where it's Jack and Rose at the edge of the boat holding each other). The most scariest bit of my adventure was walking across from one side to another side on a chained bridge. I was screaming every time I took a step. Overall, I was glad I didn’t die.

This morning did not go as I thought it would go. It seemed like a chill day but it turned into a rollercoaster ride instead. Even though Chance looked like a fool and I luckily didn’t die I had a great morning experience. I would definitely suggest you to do this with your class if they are responsible enough.


Task Description
We are practising how to write a proper recount so we can prepare for our writing test coming up. Our experience was really cool and I can't wait to see what other experiences we will get to experience. I really enjoy writing a recount now!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pisirina! This is Simon, I really love your writing! It's the biggest writing I've seen! I remember that my writing went all the way to KFC like yours! If you don't know how to fix it, You have to press that T thing. Just saying, That's all! Other then that problem your writing is amazing! Like your perfectionist!

    Blog ya later Pisirina!

    ReplyDelete