Pages

Friday 18 November 2016

Manaiakalani Film Festival

“I’m ready, I'm ready to go to school. I’m ready, I’m ready to perform in front of my school!” I sang out loud.  Today is a special day because I am going to be representing my class and my school at the Manaiakalani film festival at Sylvia Park movies.

My day started off with me singing because I was so excited.8 o'clock, I arrived at school and went to the school hall. When I entered the hall, I already saw my partner, Levonah there.

I sat next to Levonah so we could practice our lines to say in front of the whole entire school. A few minutes later, Mrs Lagitupu took Levonah,Ella,Lynette,Naomi, Bethan and I to Sylvia park. When I set  foot in the Extreme screen room, I felt lots of emotions like excitement, worried, afraid and extremely honoured.

At 9 o'clock we started to practice our speeches all together in order. 30 minutes later the whole entire school marched into the extreme screen room. As I saw what feels like a million people walk by,  I started to feel butterflies flying around in my stomach.


Right after the second movie finished, it was our turn to present our class.  As I got on stage, I was ready to present our class movie, I thought about what my mum said if I did my script perfectly which was she will buy me KFC. My favourite movie was the Hunt for the Manaiakalani People and later on that day I had wicked wings and gravy for dinner.

I can’t wait for next year’s Film Festival!



No comments:

Post a Comment