Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

Science reflection - Science @ Tech 2020

For Tech, I was in the science class with Mrs Sharma. I've had 10 long weeks of learning about science. I learnt about scientists, earthworms, plastics, saving energy, creating energy, bones and skeleton, sugary stuff and leaves/plants. I had lots of fun learning these different type of things in science. I learnt lots of stuff and I now have more vocabulary in my "science language". 

My favourite topic I've learnt about would have to be earthworms or leaves. I didn't know much about these two things so there was a lot of knowledge and words to absorb and actually understand. I know why leaves are green and I know the stucture of a leaf. A bonus is that I know a lot of cool words like the xylem, palisade mesophyll, chlorophyll and many more.

For earthworms, it was actually really cool. I was disgusted at first but learning about each feature of a earthworm and its function, is surprisingly fun. One interesting fact is that an earthworm has a clitellum which is the "belt" on a worm that carries 20 maturing eggs. Insane, right? I also got to see worms up close that Mrs Sharma brought from her garden. We had to record the behaviour of 3 worms. That was a fun week!

I am so happy that I had the privellage to be in the first class for science this year. Although, there was a lot of notetaking and carefully watching videos, it was still an amazing time. Testing experiments, having funny discussions about our topic and more. I am also going to be doing an experiment myself that includes plants and food dye, so watch out for that.

Thank you to Mrs Sharma for teaching me all this knowledge about some topics and helping me develop a deeper link and interest for science. I really appreciate the time and knowledge you've put into teaching classes about science. Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! my name is Piper from Pompallier Catholic School. I think You've written this reflection really well! you've describes all about it and those weeks doing science sound really fun! it sounds like you've leaned heaps of amazing topics and thing in science. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pisirina,

    It is great to hear about all of the different science topics you learnt about in just 10 weeks! I found our learning about plants really interesting too - I particularly liked the food colouring experiment. What was your favourite experiment?

    ReplyDelete