Pages

Thursday 26 November 2020

π•‚π•šπ•¨π•šπ•’π•Ÿπ•’ + π•Šπ•’π•žπ• π•’π•Ÿ π”Ύπ•£π•’π•‘π•™π•šπ•”

Created by Pisirina
I've crafted an image that includes iconic kiwi elements and my culture as well. The background is a beach from my home island, Samoa. I've used value and texture to add an appealing visual. Texture is adding another dimension to give the audience a perception of what the object feels like. Value is how light or dark a colour is. Value is hues and the saturation of each colour. To represent my environment, Aotearoa, I added a Pukeko. The Pukeko is a bird that you can see almost anywhere in New Zealand. 
To add more kiwiana icons into my drawing, I included some Pohutukawa blossoms. 
We are currently growing some Pohutukawa trees at our school. 
I also added some Hibiscus Flowers. In Samoa, we call them Teuila. 
These are my favourite flowers. I inserted them as a a frame in the corner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment